Federal employment law governs many issues involving wages, work hours, leave and overtime, just to name a few. As an employee, you have the right to...
- Earn a minimum wage of $7.25 per hour and time-and-a-half overtime pay when you work over 40 hours per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for qualifying reasons without losing your job under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Request reasonable accommodations to apply for or work at your job under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Earn the same pay rate for equal work as an employee of the opposite sex under the Equal Pay Act.
The following federal regulations also protect you from discrimination if you...
- Are 40 years old or older - Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Are pregnant or developed a physical or mental impairment during pregnancy or childbirth - Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Are a member of another protected class - Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
If you're concerned your rights have been violated, consult one of our employment discrimination lawyers in Rock Hill or Columbia, SC. We're prepared to take your case to court to safeguard your rights.
Our legal team can practice in federal and state courts in South Carolina, as well as represent you in hearings with federal and state administrative agencies. Contact Jordan Law Firm, P.C. today to find out if you've got a case for employment discrimination.